Monday 18 March 2013

It's Good to be Able to Photograph Early Signs of Spring.

Despite the persistent cold and wintry weather this year, flowers continue to put a brave face on things.  Crocuses are a joy to see and something I enjoy photographing. I wanted to capture three different aspects of the displays of crocuses: wide angle, extreme macro and pictures showing a mass of colour and only one bloom sharp

For this shot I used a 10-20 mm lens at 10mm and placed the camera more or less on the ground.  Live view was a help here.
For this shot I used a 150mm macro lens with an extension tube fitted so that I could get in close to the heart of this flower.

I used my 10-400 lens here with 2 extension tubes attached so that I could get in close and compress the flowers.  The long lens with tubes attached meant that I could use differential focusing to isolate one flower.
Another shot using the 100-400 with extension tubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment