Thursday 2 February 2012

Project 4: collage

In order to create the images for this project I decided to use the photomerge facility in Photoshop CS2. In each case I merged 3 images, placed the camera on a tripod and used a spirit level. For the first image of Alpe D'Huez in the French Alps I used some images that I had taken a few years ago whilst on holiday there. The second two I took purposely for this project whilst on a recent visit to Edinburgh to stay with our son. They are taken from Carlton Hill looking out over the Firth of Forth. I found this a fascinating but challenging project and feel that I need to return to it in order to further practise the technique. The top of the Lincolnshire Wolds looking towards the coast should give ample opportunity to take images suitable for panoramas.




This image seemed to go better than the next two. The lighting conditions were more consistent and the three shots blended together really well.


This is a merge of three landscape fomat shots and worked reasonably well although I found it difficult to blend the three together as the brightness was different in each shot.




Here I used three portrait format shots to merge together to form this panorama. Again the difference in brightness with the constituent shots was difficult to handle.




More practice is needed in this technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment