Monday 6 February 2012

Project 25:snow

Well at last during this mild winter the temperatures have plummeted and it snowed overnight last Saturday. Grasping the opportunity I decided to leapfrog to this project while it lasted. I was unable to stay out all day and had to wait until the raods were clear enough for me to move so I started photography about 10.00. By this time the sun had risen in the sky and was quite cool and blue giving a real cold feeling.. As a starting point I added +2 stops exposure compensation but found this too much in some cases when I checked the histogram so I then worked with +1 stop and then made final adjustments during post processing in Adobe lightroom. In some instances I also bracketed my exposures.
















I have included the images below from last winter as we had much more snow and I was able to get out into the Lincolnshire Wolds in a friend's landrover. Good fun was had. I was also able to stay out until last light when the quality of the light became much warmer. Again I needed to add positive exposure compensation.












I found getting the light levels correct quite challenging and in the end have settled for what I find personally find pleasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment