Thursday 2 February 2012

Project 3: panorama




I have made these images by cropping suitable 35mm format shots. The first I made specically for this project. For the others I looked at some other recent images that were suitable.



The edge of the Lincolnshire Wolds looing towards the coast lends itself to this style of photography and I shall try to return to this project.


This image is taken from high on the Lincolnshire Wolds looking down to the River Humber and associated industries. I aimed to place the tree to one side of the image which I have done but I would rather it were slightly more to the right when I think it would have made a more balanced picture. Unfortunately there were some unsightly farm bildings to the left of the frame. In retrospect I should have moved my position.

For this image I was photographing on a high spring tide at Cleethorpes. It lent itself to being cropped to a panorama shot as there was a lot of uninteresting foreground and sky. Here buildings form the point of interest and I have placed them to the right of the frame.





Whilst not stricly a landscape I have included this 500mm shot of wader flocks at high tide and again all the interest is in the middle of the image. The whirling flocks of waders at high tide are a regular moving sight along the Lincolnshire coast on high spring tides.




An image of Cleethorpes pier which again lent itself to a panoramic crop.


No comments:

Post a Comment