Monday 18 February 2013

A New Lens

I have recently pushed the boat out and bought a Sigma 10-20 mm super wide angle lens.  This last weekend I had the opportunity to play with it.  Although not the most stunning landscapes in the world I was impressed with the performance of the lens and look forward to using it.

I took all of the images at the 10 mm setting on the lens and although I only used f9 they are all sharp from front to back.  I took them on the edge of a local woodland when out for a walk with my wife on a beautiful but almost cloudless day.  It would have been good to have a more interesting sky.  They were also taken during the middle of the day; I would have preferred earlier or later.  To fill the frame with the ash tree in the second shot I had to keep moving closer and closer until I was nearly underneath it - amazing.  I was pleased with the circle of light at the end of the hedge in the final shot.





No comments:

Post a Comment