Saturday 13 October 2012

Project 26: shooting the moon

Although I have yet to complete this project, I have pinpointed a couple of dates in the near future, using The Photographer's Ephemeris, when I hope to take the photographs for it given suitably clear skies.  The shots shown below are all take within the last two years while I have been studying with the OCA.  I have included them here incase the weather does not play ball.  All shots were taken with a canon 500mm lens, either with or without a 1.4 converter attached.


A shot of the full moon taken on 19th March 2011with the 500 and 1.4 converter.  I am delighted with the amount of detail to be seen on the moon's surface.


A picture of the moon taken durin a clear afternoon on 24th June 2011.  500+1.4
 
This was taken on the night of an eclipse although visible in Grimsby.  The moon, however was suitably low in the sky to include trees in the foreground and a fabulous colour.  The effect here is caused by cloud. Just the 500 without a converter used.  10th December 2011.


The same evening as the last shot but slighly later.  As the moon rose it began to look more silvery.  I liked the clouds in this shot.

A shot taken during a lunar eclips on 21st December 2010.  I used the 500 with 1.4 attached.

The same evening 6 minutes earlier than the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment