Tuesday 18 December 2012

Winter Walking in Derbyshire

During the recent cold snap at the beginning of December, I enjoyed a day walking with my brother and a friend.  We walked along Derwent Edge above the Ladybower and Derwent Reservoirs.  It had snowed over night and we were blessed with wonderful conditions and stunning views.  I was also able to take some images for Project 35:using a polarising filter.

Water cascades over the Derwent Dam.  I was pleased to be able to include the crescent moon in the shot.
Looking towards Kinder Scout from Back Tor.  Thinking of Ansel Adams I have increased the contrast between the white clouds and the sky, darkening the blue sky.  I also used the shadows slider to give deep rich black shadows on the rocks.

The same view as above but with a walker in the shot to provide scale and perspective.

Back Tor from The Edge.

Looking along Derwent Edge against the light.

Looking back along the Edge towards White Tor.

The Wheelstones.

No comments:

Post a Comment