Monday 16 July 2012

Few Landscape Opportunities in The Cairngorms.

I have just had a few days hillwalking in the Cairngorms National Park and had hoped for plenty of opportunities for some landscape photography.  Unfortunately the weather was, as so often this summer, grim in the extreme.  I did, however, manage a few shots. I have used Galen Rowell for my influence here.

 A shot here of the Luibeg Burn using a slow shutter speed to try to provide some motion blur in the water.
 Looking up Glen Derry here,  This reminds me of some of Rowell's soft light images in Mountain Light.
 Another soft light image and here I used the dead pine as foreground (placed on a third) as it reminded me of Rowell's bristlecone pines.
 Two shots of the Corie Etchachan Burn using slow shutter speed. I may use these as possible images on the theme of water for Assignment 3.

 Another soft light image in the style of Galen Rowell, this is the Hutchinson Memorial Hut in Corie Etchachan.
Another shot of the Hutchinson Hut.  A possible for the theme of water in Assignment 3.















Here my brother crosses the bridge over the Corie Etchachan Burn.  Again the soft light reminds me of some of Galen Rowell's and I used a figure in the landscape.  As he says an figure should add to the landscape and not become a portrait.  Here the figure provides a splash of colour and provides scale and context.

No comments:

Post a Comment